Monday, May 13, 2024

Jean Burris and Hollis Buck: Her favorite cousin

 


The above picture is my mom Jean Burris with her favorite cousin, Hollis Franklin Buck.  She always told me he was her favorite.  He was the son of my grandmother's sister, Florence Herrington Buck Evans and her first husband. Coleman Franklin Buck.  He was born 28 Aug 1932 in Clark County, Arkansas, so he was very close to my mom's age.  

Hollis married Jacqueline L. Hamann on  28 Dec 1953 in Los Angeles, CA.  I believe he is still alive at the time of this posting 13 May 2024, at 91 years old living in Laguna Beach, CA.

I wish I had asked mom more about him, but this is all I know.  I love this picture of mom and Hollis.  I'm so glad she had a close relationship with one of her cousins.  Does my heart good.

Below  is a picture of Hollis with his mother Florence and her second husband Dale Evans. Based on the uniform he is wearing, he appears to have been in the US Navy. Do not know the year of this picture but it was probably in the early 1950s.  His mother sure looks proud of him.  Florence passed away in California in February 1987.




No comments:

Post a Comment